How to fix a hemorrhoid at home on your own?
The disease is internal and external
Hemorrhoids are a disease that, at least once, in the form of initial signs, appears in eighty out of a hundred people. For many, the symptoms of the disease will remain an isolated case. In others, the disease will develop to such a stage when enlarged hemorrhoidal nodes begin to fall out of the rectum.
Is it possible to push nodes back
Of course, to correct hemorrhoids independently at the initial stage of its development is quite realistic. However, you need to carefully prepare and observe the strictest hygiene.
It is not recommended at all to allow the ailment to reach such a stage. Alas, many are still hindered by a careless attitude to their own health, false bashfulness, fear of manipulation in such a delicate area, and many other factors.
And if you do not? The result is almost always deplorable! Surely the fallen node will be restrained by the anal sphincter. And this means, in addition to elementary inconvenience, there will be a violation of blood circulation and pain will appear.
Causes of hemorrhoid plexus prolapse
The nodes protruding from the anus are a characteristic sign of hemorrhoids of the second stage. During this period, they fall out only during bowel movements, and after cleansing the intestines, they are easily pulled back into place. The patient does not feel discomfort during this period. Violations of the rhythm of defecation, often accompanying hemorrhoidal disease, make the patient sit out in the toilet longer than usual. This posture and the efforts made during bowel movements provoke an overstrain of hemorrhoidal veins. Additional blood flow and obstructed outflow causes their increase. Under their own weight and the influence of feces, which carry the nodes along, they move lower and lower until they reach the anus.
Regular prolapse of the nodes weakens the sphincter muscles. Often this condition is also accompanied by damage to the mucosa, especially in the area where it is adjacent to the skin. Deep and painful anal fissures appear.
Increasing in size, the dropping out nodes are no longer self-correcting, since the sphincter muscles are not able to hold them. These symptoms indicate the transition of the disease to the third stage. Now the nodes will fall out not only on the toilet, but also under any physical stress (a sharp lifting of weights, coughing, an attack of laughter, etc.).
At the most difficult, fourth stage of hemorrhoids development, the anus muscles do not keep the nodes even in a calm state. It is impossible to put them in place even for a while. This procedure is painful and useless. Fortunately, not everyone reaches this state - when nodes fall out, the majority still decides to visit a proctologist.
Drop-out cones are not a cosmetic defect, since there is always a danger of their infringement. This happens when they are corrected incorrectly, with sudden movements or straining during the act of defecation. Blood stasis creates conditions for the formation of blood clots with the most sad consequences: from rupture of plexuses and tissue necrosis to sepsis. Complications can only be avoided with timely access to a proctologist. He will advise on how to fix the hemorrhoid on his own, if such manipulation still makes sense, he will offer his own solutions to the problem.
How to correct hemorrhoids yourself
This question is better to ask a proctologist at a consultation. The doctor will tell you the correct technique. Usually, experts advise the following sequence of actions.
It’s best to wear sterile gloves, but you can just wash your hands thoroughly
The action algorithm is simple:
- wash yourself with cool water
- test your feelings: how unpleasant or even painful is the touch in the anus,
- if there is pain, first you need to calm it down, heparin ointment or a cold compress will help,
- wash your hands thoroughly and put on sterile medical gloves (these must be stored at home just in case),
- to kneel or sit down - it is important that being in one or another position does not cause inconvenience and leaves hands free,
- slightly push the buttock from the side of the fallen node,
- lubricate the finger of the free hand with Vaseline and slowly, without much pressure, set the hemorrhoids in the rectum,
- push the knot in the rectum a little to avoid repeated prolapse,
- strain the sphincter and squeeze the buttocks, in this way the newly adjusted hemorrhoid is held in the rectum,
- ideally - lie down for half an hour.
If after two attempts the node drops back, do not continue. Here the rule works - “do no harm”. You should go to the doctor for help.
You need to perform an independent procedure calmly, without worries, haste, or excessive activity.
Especially if such a procedure is performed for the first time in a home environment. The main thing in the process of indenting a hemorrhoid is to realize that the disease has already developed to complicated stages. It is time to consult a doctor with all available speed, undergo an examination, and then a course of treatment.
Direction of hemorrhoids
First dropped out the knot is not a reason for panic. You should not postpone a visit to the doctor, but you can give yourself first aid yourself. How to correct hemorrhoids at home? The main thing is to perform the manipulation gently and in sterile conditions so as not to damage the problem area, not to provoke relapses.
- At the preparatory stage, hygiene procedures are required. You can take a warm shower with soap or use a bidet. Do not bother once again inflamed nodes. For these reasons, it is better to remove moisture with a soft, natural cloth than with a hard terry towel, leaving a fluff on the loose surface.
- The next step is anesthesia. To reduce swelling, soothe itching, ice can be applied to the problem area for 5 minutes. A heating pad or bottle with chilled water is quite suitable for such a compress. Treatment of the causative site with Troxerutin or heparin ointment will help to reduce pain. Sprays or gel with painkillers are also used for this purpose.
- It is recommended to wear medical gloves on washed, dry hands.
- A posture that is convenient for this procedure is knee-elbow, but you can just squat down. If you are right-handed, then it’s convenient to push the buttocks with your left hand, and straighten the dropped nodes with your right.
- Lubricate the gloves with petroleum jelly (just apply it on the fingers of your right hand).
Gently and accurately adjust the nodes. When they have passed the sphincter zone, it is necessary to remove the fingers and squeeze the muscles of the anus so that the cones are fixed in the correct position.
- With two hands, squeeze the buttocks tightly to secure the result. You can wear natural underwear one size smaller for this purpose.
If the first attempt to correct the hemorrhoids on your own did not work, you can relax a bit and repeat the procedure by adding a little Vaseline to the working fingers. The nodes are very vulnerable, therefore, it is impossible to exert effort during such manipulations. At the end of the procedure, rest is necessary. At least 20 minutes must be left in a horizontal position. If the discomfort in the perineum has not stopped, you can apply another cold compress.
Ice candles, which can be made independently, reduce burning and itching. For freezing, you can use pure water or a decoction of herbs - St. John's wort, chamomile, diluted aloe juice. As molds, you can use homemade thick paper pads. Before the introduction of such a candle, you need to hold it in your hand a little so that the sharp tip melts and does not injure the mucous membrane. Keeping an ice suppository in the anus is enough for 3-4 minutes. If the candle gets inside, it completely melts in about 10 minutes. Such procedures are contraindicated in case of temperature and severe inflammation.
After the procedure for repositioning the cones, suppositories with anesthetic and wound healing effects such as Relief, Natalside, Proctoglivenol will be useful. For this purpose, you can use a cotton pad treated with sea buckthorn oil or wild rose. Tampon and suppositories soften the irritated area, improve tissue elasticity. If hemorrhoids bleed, use candles with adrenaline.
Do I need to correct hemorrhoid, if it falls out the next day? First of all, it is necessary to analyze the causes of the loss, to reconsider your lifestyle. With hemorrhoids, it is useful to move more than to sit or stand in the same position, you can not lift weights, play sports associated with frequent injuries of the perineum.
What is a hemorrhoid
Inflammation of the nodes with hemorrhoids is accompanied by the formation of painful cones in the anus, which not only cause discomfort to the patient, but also hurt, swell, bleed. In complicated clinical pictures (mainly in the third stage), the tissues completely disappear, thereby complicating the natural defecation process.
With the advent of venous nodes, the disease acquires a chronic form, a tendency to systematic relapses. Immediately it is worth clarifying that in the first and second stages of hemorrhoids, the cones fall out from an increased load, for example, after defecation, while in the third - already in an arbitrary order. On their own, the dropped nodes are no longer retracted, therefore, they must be forced to correct.
Causes of node failure
When a node falls out with hemorrhoids, it is important not only to correctly diagnose, but also to determine the pathogenic factor in a timely manner. Otherwise, if you adjust the bump, the desired effect will be temporary. The main reason for the pathological process is the weakening of the ligamentous apparatus of the rectum, as a result of which the cones sag and fall out. If you do not solve the health problem comprehensively, repeated loss cannot be avoided. In addition to the weakness of the muscles of the anal sphincter, when contacting a proctologist, you can also find out about other provoking factors. It:
- severe inflammation of the rectum,
- mucosal injury
- progressive pregnancy, childbirth,
- impact of increased loads,
- relapse from severe coughing,
- genetic predisposition.
Is it necessary to correct the hemorrhoid
If it is painful to touch the anal passage, it is possible that external hemorrhoids are progressing or hemorrhoidal prolapse occurs. Doing something yourself is highly undesirable, it is better to contact a proctologist in a timely manner. If a small nodule has fallen out, it can be thrust into the rectum yourself. However, it is recommended to act correctly, otherwise there is a high probability of bleeding. In the later stages of the disease, it is strictly forbidden to be guided by this method of treatment.
Contraindications for the procedure
Is it always possible to straighten a hemorrhoid on your own?
Manipulation is not carried out:
- In acute pain - there is a risk of infringement of the nodes, and this is already an indication for emergency surgery,
- If hemorrhoids are accompanied by intense bleeding - jet blood indicates ruptures of internal tissues, reduction of the node can complicate the situation,
- With a pronounced inflammatory process with an increase in body temperature - if this is the beginning of sepsis, urgent medical attention is needed.
How to fill in hemorrhoids at home if the nodes are injured and there are cracks in the anus? In such a situation, all manipulations must be performed with extreme caution. If the nodes are painful, you can take analgesics, wait until their analgesic effect is manifested, and then start the procedure.
How to correct hemorrhoids at home
Hemorrhoids are accompanied by severe itching and an attack of pain, while the rectal mucosa is involved in the pathological process together with the anal sphincter. It is difficult not to notice the symptoms of the disease. To correct nodes is required in a timely manner, otherwise cases with complicated thrombosis require surgical intervention in a hospital.
If hemorrhoids have not been avoided, here are valuable recommendations to the patient from the proctologist:
- It is necessary to correct inflammation while ensuring sterile conditions, in disposable gloves.
- The patient needs to stock up on petroleum jelly in advance, put several ice packs in the freezer.
- Before you adjust the hemorrhoid on your own, you need to eliminate the risk of damage to its structure and prevent the loss of part of the rectum back.
- Since this procedure at home may be accompanied by bleeding, superficial self-medication is strictly prohibited.
- Before you independently fill the cone, it is important to eliminate the pain syndrome, the predisposition to edema and the spread of the inflammatory process: apply ice wrapped in clean cloth / gauze.
How to avoid relapse
Is it possible to remove the hemorrhoids forever? If this happened for the first time, the most urgent preventive measures should be taken. Knowing how to correct hemorrhoids is not enough in this case. First of all, it is necessary to normalize the rhythm of bowel movements, as both constipation and diarrhea worsen the course of hemorrhoids.
Overuse of drugs provokes the development of the "lazy intestine" syndrome, which itself refuses to work. The digestion process can be established only with the help of medical nutrition. Diet No. 3, which is recommended for hemorrhoids, allows you to normalize the consistency and volume of feces, thereby reducing the load on the hemorrhoids and the rectum as a whole.
Fiber is needed to restore intestinal health. Vegetables, fruits, cereals, wheat and oat bran facilitate the emptying. This reduces the trauma of hemorrhoids, the act of defecation is calm. In addition to fiber, the normal composition of the intestinal microflora, which plays an important role in the normalization of digestion, helps to maintain fermented milk products.
In order not to condense intestinal contents, it is important to control the drinking regimen. If the body does not have enough water, the stool moves along the intestine in slow motion, with additional efforts, solid particles scratch the mucous membrane and nodes. Check with your doctor for your water intake based on weight, age, and health status. On average, a person needs 1.5-2 liters of clean water per day.
Food should be fractional, 5-6 times a day, preferably at the same time. Small portions are absorbed faster, create a constant feeling of fullness, relieve overeating and excess weight - factors that provoke the development of hemorrhoids.
The diet should be balanced, based on it - mashed semi-liquid soups on vegetable broth, low-fat varieties of meat and fish, whole grain cereals. Cooking is best done in a double boiler, microwave or oven. The list of prohibited foods includes alcohol, tobacco, fatty, spicy and fried foods that stimulate blood flow to the pelvic organs. Sweet confectionery, baked white flour, worsen intestinal motility.
In the second and third stages of hemorrhoids, men are recommended to constantly wear underwear made of elastic knitwear, which helps the sphincter muscles to hold the nodes. Instead of toilet paper after defecation, it is better to use water. If this is not possible, you can take wet wipes with you.If a cough bothers, it is necessary to eliminate its cause, with heavy physical work it is important to control muscle loads.
Medication for hemorrhoids includes venotonics that improve vein elasticity, NSAIDs, eliminate inflammation, anesthetics for pain relief, antiseptics to neutralize pathogenic microbes, wound healing agents to stimulate regeneration processes, anticoagulants to prevent blood clots, hemostatics, if there is bleeding.
In chronic hemorrhoids, it is worth mastering Kegel gymnastics to strengthen the sphincter muscles. It is convenient to do it at any time, because for others the exercises are not noticeable. Relax and tighten the muscles of the anus, pulling them inward with effort. In the same way, you need to train the perineum, stomach, inner thighs. The speed, intensity and amplitude of movements can be alternated. With hemorrhoids, it is useful to swim, walk a lot, lead an active lifestyle.
According to official statistics, the loss of internal hemorrhoids is observed in 39% of cases. What does this mean for each of us doing his usual business? Hemorrhoids are not always manifested by pain in the projection of the external hemorrhoid plexuses or bleeding. Sometimes the first thing that patients pay attention to is the loss of internal hemorrhoidal nodes. At the first stages, this process may be accompanied by slight discomfort during a bowel movement, because we usually don’t notice the loss of nodes, which are then repaired themselves. When the nodes already have to be adjusted by hand, we can pay attention to them. In the later stages, the nodes are no longer repaired, and only then we realize that this is already a hemorrhoidal disease.
Systematic prolapse of internal nodes indicates dystrophic changes in the ligamentous apparatus of these plexuses. In this situation, ointments and baths, candles and folk conspiracies do not work. Only surgical treatment helps in such cases - invasive or minimally invasive. It is extremely difficult to immediately realize that when nodes fall out, an operation must be done if absolutely nothing bothers. If severe pain or bleeding knocked out of the usual rhythm of life, then everything is clear.
Features of the procedure
Find out how you can straighten the hemorrhoid on your own. It is required to enlist the support of a proctologist, to eliminate the risk of complications. Knowing your trouble in advance, pay attention to the intestines - you need to normalize systemic digestion, control stool and the bowel movement. You can correct the painful lump that has fallen on your own in the following sequence:
- Any ointment from hemorrhoids with a pronounced anesthetic effect is required to apply to the focus of the pathology, wait 15-20 minutes.
- To put on medical gloves, additionally grease them with petroleum jelly and take the position of the body "squatting", it is permissible to perform the procedure on all fours.
- Feel the bump that has fallen, and with your thumb put it back in, then tightly squeeze the buttocks.
- At the final stage of the procedure, it is required to take a lying position and rest for about 30-40 minutes.
What can not be done
If hemorrhoids cannot be corrected on their own, one should not force one's own body and only increase the pain of the procedure. The proctologist voices certain limitations for such a home procedure. For example, it is extremely undesirable to independently fill the painful cones with thrombosis and infringement. This is explained by an increased risk of injury, the development of necrosis of the node. The health consequences in this case are not the most favorable. The following manipulations are strictly prohibited:
- You can not warm the focus of the pathology before filling it into the anus.
- Unauthorized treatment is prohibited, which only increases the risk of bleeding.
What to do if hemorrhoids do not correct
Home methods of self-medication are not always effective in practice. In order not to lead to hemorrhoid cone necrosis in the third stage of the disease, it is advisable to contact a proctologist and give timely consent to the operation. When the hemorrhoids knot doesn’t settle, the proctologist can use more radical methods (strictly for medical reasons) to remove it as soon as possible. Doctors offer one of the following operations:
- proximal ligation,
- infrared photocoagulation,
- latex ring ligation,
- excision of a pathogenic cone.
When hemorrhoids fall out: stages of hemorrhoids
Rectal hemorrhoids in its development goes through four stages.
The first stage of the disease has an almost imperceptible and asymptomatic course, so patients rarely seek help from specialists. After all, few people attach importance to episodic discomfort or itching in the anus.
The second stage of hemorrhoidal disease is already hard to miss, since each bowel movement becomes painful and there is a discharge of blood from the rectum. In addition, during bowel movement, nodules fall out of the anal ring, which, at the end of the act, are repaired independently in their place.
Patients who turned to the proctologist in the initial stages of hemorrhoids and adhere to the treatment prescribed by them manage to stop the progression of the disease. But many are simply ashamed to go to the doctor or are confident that they can cope with their problem on their own, so the disease gradually goes into the third stage.
In the third stage, the symptoms of hemorrhoids become more intense, and in severe cases become permanent. The prolapse of the nodes occurs not only during bowel movements, but even during sneezing, coughing, deep squats, lifting weights, etc.
Unfortunately, at this stage of the disease, the internal nodes can no longer self-adjust inside the rectal canal, therefore, in order to alleviate his condition, the patient has to do this manually.
Dropped nodes are very painful, in addition, if they are not corrected in time to the rectum, potentially life-threatening complications such as pinching, thrombosis or necrosis of hemorrhoids can develop.
Given the risk of such complications, each patient should know how to correct hemorrhoids on their own or immediately contact their doctor for help.
At the fourth stage of hemorrhoids, the nodes are almost always in a fallen state, because even after repositioning they fall out with the slightest movement of the body.
Causes of prolapse of hemorrhoids
There are several reasons that lead to the loss of nodes, namely:
- dystrophic processes in the muscle fibers of the longitudinal muscle of the rectum, which normally holds the hemorrhoidal veins inside the anal canal. As a result of such changes, the muscle loses its tone and cannot fully perform its function,
- decreased elasticity of the ligamentous apparatus of the rectum,
- decreased muscle tone of the anal ring,
- lack of adequate antihemorrhoids therapy in the early stages of the disease or failure to comply with the recommendations of a specialist.
The nodes do not fall out constantly, but only during an exacerbation of hemorrhoids. After the acute symptoms subside, the patient feels normal, since he does not have any manifestations of the disease. But, over time, periods of remission are reduced, and exacerbations become more frequent.
Factors provocateurs prolapse nodes with internal hemorrhoids are the following:
- weight lifting
- intense laughter
- excessive motor activity
- sports, in which the load is redistributed to the muscles of the abdominal cavity.
How to fix a node in 2 stages of the disease
With 2 degrees of hemorrhoids, the cause of the loss of cones is strong tension during bowel movements, weight lifting.
Reduction of hemorrhoidal nodes of the 2nd stage of the development of the disease consists of a series of successive steps:
- First of all, perineal hygiene
- apply a dry ice pack to the dropped nodes. A method of preparing a compress is to wrap a frozen bag with ice in one layer with a clean cotton handkerchief. Lie with ice for 5-10 minutes. The ice will relieve edema, slow down pain impulses, and allow painless hemorrhoids to be thrust back,
- wash your hands thoroughly, treat them with an antiseptic - ethyl or ant alcohol, benzalkonium chloride,
- lubricate the fingers of the hand, which will correct hemorrhoids, petroleum jelly,
- gently lubricate the hemorrhoidal nodes and the area around the anus with petroleum jelly.
It is easier to repair hemorrhoids in a comfortable position of the body. To do this, take one of the following poses:
- crouching deeply
- on all fours, resting on the elbows,
- lying on its side, knees bent at right angles.
After completing the preparatory phase, proceed to the procedure for the reduction of hemorrhoids. Gently fingering the knot, gently push it deep into the anus. Sphincter and buttocks should be relaxed as much as possible.
It is important to insert the hemorrhoids further into the rectum. Reducing hemorrhoids in 2 stages is simple, since the cones are still small and rarely fall out. After repositioning the nodes with hemorrhoids, you need to lie on your stomach for about half an hour, squeezing the buttocks.
Can hemorrhoids be repaired?
If we talk about whether to adjust hemorrhoids into the rectum, then the answer is unequivocal - it is definitely necessary. As we already mentioned, fallen nodes that were not corrected on time pose a threat to the patient's life due to the risk of complications, among which there are most often strangulation, thrombosis and necrosis of the hemorrhoids. These conditions are not only accompanied by severe pain, but can also lead to tissue infection and sepsis, which in most cases ends in death for the patient.
Therefore, if the fallen nodes are not adjusted independently into the rectal canal, they must be corrected manually, observing certain rules, which we will discuss later.
What to do with nodes of the 3rd degree of hemorrhoids
With the progression of hemorrhoids to the 3rd degree, dropping out bumps appear after a slight exertion - going to the toilet, coughing, light physical exertion. If at the previous stage of the disease the hemorrhoids can be repaired on their own, then now you can’t do without help.
Grade 3 hemorrhoids with fallen nodes is accompanied by complications. The vessels become inflamed and bleed. If hemorrhoids are not corrected in time, an infringement of the fallen cone will occur. Properly correct the cone of hemorrhoids is necessary to avoid the development of paraproctitis, anal fissure, necrosis of nodes.
The instruction on how to correct hemorrhoids of the 3rd degree looks like this:
- you need to correct external hemorrhoids immediately after detecting a fallen node,
- wash the area of the anus and nodes with a weak solution of antibacterial soap,
- apply an ice pack for 10 minutes,
- lubricate the anal area with ointment with anesthetic and antibiotic (Nefluan, Aurobin, Relief),
- put on sterile medical gloves, lubricating the fingers of the working hand with petroleum jelly,
- take the correct position with emphasis on the elbows, relaxing the gluteal muscles and the anal ring,
- take the buttocks to the sides, find a knot that delivers severe discomfort,
- the middle finger treated with petroleum jelly, the node is tucked into the anus,
- the finger slowly and sensitively advances the crawled cone back. If the hemorrhoids are not set far enough, he will soon jump out again,
- when it was possible to successfully insert hemorrhoids into place, the finger is very delicately removed,
- buttocks are pressed, the anal ring is tensed, holding a varicose vessel,
- Carefully lie on your stomach or side, lie down for at least 30 minutes.
You can relieve hemorrhoids with a sterile napkin or cotton swab soaked in petroleum jelly. If possible, take the help of relatives or friends.
After successful manipulation of the reduction, it is necessary to follow the recommendations within 5 days:
- walk more
- stand less, sit,
- do not lift more than 3 kg
- follow a diet to prevent constipation,
- use drugs and drugs to treat external and internal hemorrhoids.
If the node fell out a long time ago, was strangled, became dense, tense and painful, you should immediately seek the help of a proctologist.
When can you do without medical help?
Before you can straighten the knot into the rectum, you need to find out in which cases you can’t do it yourself, but you need to contact a proctologist.
With hemorrhoids, the precipitated hemorrhoid is not recommended to be relieved in the following situations:
- the development of anorectal thrombosis,
- infringement of hemorrhoids,
- tissue necrosis of the hemorrhoids,
- massive bleeding from the hemorrhoid.
In these situations, you can’t try to push the nodes into the rectal canal yourself, but you need to urgently seek help from a specialist proctologist or call an ambulance, since most of these complications require surgical intervention. (it is not clear how to determine that these conditions have developed)
If a knot of stage 4 has fallen
In the last stage of hemorrhoids, the cones fall out again and again. The disease is accompanied by very strong, piercing pains. Inflamed nodes complicated by thrombosis and pinching cause severe bleeding that is life threatening. It is necessary to correct the node that has fallen at the 4 stage of hemorrhoids in the proctology department. The doctor will prescribe penicillin injections to relieve the inflammatory process. Further treatment tactics depend on the patient's condition.
Tips for women on knot reduction
It happens that hemorrhoids worsen during pregnancy, intensifying sharply after childbirth. Many women worry about the birth process, complicated by popping up hemorrhoids. Their anxiety has good reason. From the attempts, the stretched vascular wall may break, bleeding will begin. In especially severe cases, delivery by caesarean section is used.
During pregnancy, the nodes are repaired at home, subject to general recommendations. Pills, ointments, suppositories are used to reduce pain, reduce edema, and improve vein tone.
Pills to stabilize venous blood flow:
Ointments and suppositories shown to pregnant and lactating women to relieve symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- Hepatrombin G.
According to the reviews of pregnant patients by a proctologist, simple and affordable drugs - Vishnevsky balsamic liniment, Ichthyol and Methyluracil ointment, have a good therapeutic effect. A cotton pad is impregnated with an ointment, applied to inflamed nodes.
Sea buckthorn oil, candles with propolis and mummy are recognized as the best folk remedies to save from falling hemorrhoids. Cool baths lasting 5 to 10 minutes with decoctions of chamomile, calendula, burdock root, nettle will relieve inflammation, anesthetize the anorectal zone. Use any treatment during pregnancy and after childbirth is possible only by agreement with the doctor.
After each trip to the toilet, you need to wash your crotch with cool water. Instead of toilet paper, use wet wipes. Wear underwear of a suitable size, from lightweight cotton knitwear, rubbing, diaper rash should not be allowed.
Prevention of hemorrhoids
It is possible to prevent the prolapse of inflamed hemorrhoids by adhering to the rules of disease prevention. The diet is being rebuilt to eliminate frequent constipation.Exclude fried, fatty dishes. The menu should not be spicy seasonings, marinades, sauces. Significantly limit sweets, chocolate, flour products. Alcohol and smoking are banned.
The basic tenets of the new diet:
- modest portions of food take up to 6 times a day,
- cook food by steaming, stewing in water, baking without crust,
- introduction to the diet of fiber - cereals, vegetables, fruits,
- fermented milk products enrich the diet with probiotics,
- lean meat, especially young beef, is essential as a source of iron during bleeding,
- drink from 1.5 to 2 liters of liquid, preferring clean water, half-diluted juices, compotes, herbal teas with chamomile and mint, a decoction of wild rose.
Of great importance for the prevention of prolapse of the nodes is physical activity. You can do exercises that are not related to weight lifting. This is walking, light running, swimming, yoga, Pilates, aerobics. The main thing is that physical education delivers positive emotions, improves vascular tone, reduces the severity of symptoms.
Independent reduction of the hemorrhoid at home is possible if there is no infringement or thrombosis. Manipulations are done carefully and delicately. In acute pain, swollen bumps, bleeding, they resort to medical care. Pregnant women and women in labor should coordinate the method of repositioning the nodes with a proctologist and obstetrician-gynecologist. To prevent the loss of nodes, you can follow a diet, moderate physical activity.
The information on our website is provided by qualified doctors and is for informational purposes only. Do not self-medicate! Be sure to contact a specialist!
Gastroenterologist, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences. Prescribes diagnostics and conducts treatment. Expert of the group for the study of inflammatory diseases. The author of more than 300 scientific papers.
Contraindications to the procedure
Independent redirection of nodes is excluded when:
- Severe pain. Sharp pain speaks about infringement of nodes. In this case, you must immediately consult a doctor and consider the issue of emergency surgery.
- Heavy rectal bleeding. Inkjet blood is a signal of internal rupture, adjusting the node can worsen the situation.
- Inflammation and fever. This condition can be a harbinger of sepsis, only a doctor can help.
What to do if a hemorrhoid has popped up, while it is injured or there are deep cracks in the anus. In this case, special care must be taken.
With severe pain before filling the hemorrhoids It is recommended to take analgesics, wait until they work, and only after that proceed with the procedure.
How to avoid relapse?
How to remove the hemorrhoids and avoid relapse? A single loss of the hemorrhoid is an occasion to take the most urgent measures to prevent relapse. Knowing how to adjust the nodes of hemorrhoids is not enough. First of all, you need to get rid of chronic constipation. A balanced diet of light, low-fat dishes will help. Sour-milk products, fresh and dried fruits, vegetables and whole grain cereals can stimulate normal bowel movements. It is necessary to reduce the amount of meat, completely eliminate hot seasonings, sauces, animal fats.
With the growth of hemorrhoids, you will have to give up alcohol and smoking. Ethyl alcohol in any concentration causes a strong rush of shelter, the cones become larger, the walls of the vessels are greatly stretched and injured. Nicotine, tobacco tar and combustion products increase the fragility and fragility of the venous walls, blood becomes more viscous, the risk of adhesions and blood clots increases.
Treating constipation with conventional laxatives is not recommended.
Drugs that irritate the intestinal walls disrupt the intestinal microflora and can cause diarrhea.
The best option is soft laxatives based on lactulose, which are taken only as a last resort, with a long delay in stool.
Men with stage 2 or 3 hemorrhoids should always wear thick underwear made of elastic cotton knitwear. It holds the nodes, helping the sphincter muscles. The treatment regimen includes drugs with wound healing, venotonic, regenerating effect. This category includes candles, ointments and gels with troxerutin, hesperidin, diosmin, prednisolone, dexpanthenol.
It can be done at any time, the movements are absolutely invisible to others. Tighten and relax the muscles of the anus, pulling them inward with maximum intensity. In the same way, strain the abdominal wall, muscles of the perineum and inner thighs. Movements can be slow or fast, alternating amplitude increases the effectiveness of exercises.
Now you know how to put the hemorrhoids back and that any patient is able to cope with the fallen hemorrhoidal nodes. The key to success is accuracy, calm and lack of panic. To avoid relapse, diet, rejection of bad habits and training of the muscles of the anus will help, do not delay and consult a doctor.
Referral nodes in the clinic
In some cases, you need to go to the clinic to adjust the nodes with hemorrhoids. This will avoid the risk of pinching and blood clots. The doctor in the clinic will anesthetize the anal area, after which the hemorrhoids that have fallen off accurately and painlessly will be corrected. Usually, a heparin ointment is used in the clinic for pain relief, but other medications can be used.
To carry out manipulations, the patient is placed in the knee-elbow position. In this case, the body rests on the elbows. To correct a bump of hemorrhoids, the doctor puts on a sterile glove and uses an emollient to eliminate uncomfortable sensations during repositioning. Certain skills of a physician will prevent injury to the rectal mucosa during the repositioning of nodes. After the necessary manipulations, the doctor will examine the place of the set node and check the formation for damage.
Contacting the clinic is necessary to prevent the occurrence of bleeding. If traces of blood are visible on the glove after repositioning, then this means that the hemorrhoid was injured during the procedure. In special cases, hospitalization may be required, which cannot be refused. Hemorrhoids is a serious and dangerous disease that is fraught with many complications.
Is it necessary to correct external hemorrhoids
In the rectum, many hemorrhoid plexuses of the veins pass. In normal condition, they are not visible and not felt. In case of weakening of the ligament, violation of the elasticity and tone of the venous vessels, the hemorrhoids come out.
This may happen due to:
- Lifting heavy objects. If the patient has a predisposition to hemorrhoids, then intensive exercise and heavy weights are categorically contraindicated. They increase intra-abdominal pressure and disrupt blood flow in the pelvic area.
- Chronic constipation. If defecation is difficult, then the patient begins to sulk excessively to get rid of feces, and at the same time “squeezes out” hemorrhoids.
- Decreased muscle tone of the anal sphincter.
- Rectal injury. They can provoke anal sex, frequent diarrhea, constipation. The presence of cracks in the anus also contributes to the loss of hemorrhoids to the outside.
Even severe coughing can cause external bumps.
Hemorrhoids in its manifestation is divided into two types: internal and external (external). It is the latter that is characterized by frequent prolapse of hemorrhoidal nodules.
You need to direct the node that has just appeared from the anus. Subsequently, making it all the more difficult. If you do not adjust the dropped nodes, then an infringement may occur. This is a very painful condition that increases the risk of blood clots inside the hemorrhoids.
How to fix a hemorrhoid on your own
An ordinary person does not have the specialized skills necessary for the correct and safe reduction of hemorrhoids. It is better, of course, for this procedure to be done by a professional proctologist. The doctor will return the education to its place quickly, without causing damage to the rectum and as painlessly as possible for the patient.
In the clinic, the procedure takes a minimum of time. The doctor will put on latex gloves, anesthetize the patient’s anus with Heparin ointment or other antihemorrhoids and smoothly insert the bumps back into the rectum.
If the manipulations nevertheless lead to the appearance of bleeding, then the patient is hospitalized, since this symptom indicates thrombosis of the hemorrhoidal cone.
If visiting the hospital for any reason is not possible, and you need to solve the problem here and now, then the patient may try to cope on his own.
To do this, you must accurately follow a series of rules.
Reviews about the procedure
Review No. 1
Hemorrhoids are a very unpleasant disease that causes a lot of inconvenience and problems. A year ago, I had a severe exacerbation in which the hemorrhoid cones protruded so much from the rectum that I had to go to the hospital.
The nodes caused very severe pain and burning. In the hospital, all the bumps were set very quickly for me. The procedure is completely painless and does not cause discomfort.
Cyril, 55 years old - Kiev
Review No. 2
I set the bumps at home myself. At the same time, no infringement of nodes and bleeding occurred. I used regular petroleum jelly for the procedure. After that, be sure to lie down for at least half an hour. I never went to the hospital, but I didn’t have relapses either.
At home, it is quite possible to correct hemorrhoid cones without outside help. It is necessary to treat hemorrhoids with effective rectal suppositories, which dissolve and quickly eliminate hemorrhoid cones.
Our blood continuously moves through the blood vessels, this is one of the most important life processes. Stagnation in blood vessels means a lot of problems.
There is a widespread belief that hemorrhoidal nodes are just dilated, blood-filled rectal veins. In fact, the situation is more complicated. Hemorrhoidal nodes are normal in all of us even at birth. This is a rather complex formation of the cavernous type. Any person has only six.
Severe itching with hemorrhoids interferes with life
It is because of the complexity of the structure of hemorrhoids that stagnation of blood in the rectal region gives such unpleasant consequences:
- At the first stage, hemorrhoids are manifested by minor spotting during / after defecation, a feeling of overcrowding, fullness of the rectum, burning and / or itching in the anal area.
- At the second stage, bowel movement ends with prolapse and subsequent spontaneous retraction of the internal hemorrhoidal nodes back.
- At the third stage, hemorrhoidal nodes fall out both during / after bowel movements, and with significant physical effort, moreover, the bonds themselves are no longer repaired.
- The last stage of hemorrhoids means the impossibility of setting cones, which can fall out of the rectum at any time. Plus numerous complications.
How to prevent the disease
Is it possible to make hemorrhoids not fall out? Yes, and the measures here are very simple. It is enough to adjust the diet and lifestyle at the first signs of the disease or even earlier. It is necessary to build a diet so that the stomach and intestinal tract are not irritated. It is important to eliminate constipation and diarrhea. Plus useful habits: breaks in sedentary, standing or hard physical work, feasible gymnastics and washing after stool with cool water.
Preparation for the procedure
Preparation for the procedure is as follows:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap,
- wash the skin of the anus and genitals with warm water with laundry soap or a weak solution of potassium permanganate,
- wash your hands again with soap and put on sterile latex gloves.
What cannot be done when nodes drop out?
It is strictly forbidden to correct the nodes if there are signs of thrombosis, infringement or necrosis. As we already said, these complications are direct indications for a visit to a proctologist.
You also need to understand that any sudden movements during the reposition of the nodes can damage the tissue, which will cause bleeding and inflammation. Therefore, all movements during this procedure should be neat and easy and in no case should you try to straighten the bumps if they are not fixed.
How to avoid hemorrhoids?
An effective method for preventing prolapse of the nodes is to do gymnastics, which is aimed at strengthening the muscles of the anus (I think it is better to write "pelvic floor muscles"). Kegel exercises, which consist in rhythmic contraction of the muscles of the anus, can do this task very well, and you can do this kind of gymnastics, both at home and in the workplace.
It is also important to avoid factors that provoke the prolapse of the nodes from the anus (the fight against constipation and diarrhea, cough treatment, limitation of physical activity, not to lift heavy objects, etc.).
But, if these methods do not help and the prolapse of nodes occurs very often, then it is necessary to consult a specialist about surgical intervention that will help get rid of hemorrhoids once and for all.
Before proceeding to the independent return of the nodes to the site, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the rectal area and pat it with a soft towel, trying not to disturb too inflamed cones. For these purposes, you can use a shower or bidet. It is important to remember that water should not be hot, rather cool.
And now the instruction itself:
- Apply a cold compress to the anus and around it for 5-10 minutes. You can use a handkerchief pre-soaked in water and chilled in the freezer. This is done in order to relieve swelling, reduce inflammation and irritation, and also reduce pain.
- To soften and anesthetize the affected area with the help of special ointments or sprays.
- Wear sterile medical gloves to reduce the risk of infection in open wounds.
- Squat down and push the buttocks with your left hand (if you're left-handed, then with your right).
- With the fingers of the other hand, smeared with petroleum jelly, slowly and gently rotating clockwise, try to correct the nodes by slightly pressing them.
- Having achieved that the nodules will be on the other side of the sphincter, sharply and strongly reduce the muscles of the anus so that the cones are fixed.
- Tightly connect the buttocks with both hands to complete the fixation.
- If it was not possible to succeed the first time, it is worth repeating the manipulations described in paragraphs 4-7.
After the procedure, lie down for 30 minutes.
If unpleasant sensations of burning and itching persist around the anus, you can again put a cooling compress or even a chilled rectal tablet. Unless, of course, the body temperature is normal, and there is no pronounced inflammation.
To calm the disturbed area, it is recommended to put a swab moistened with sea buckthorn or rosehip oil. This will help relieve pain and increase tissue elasticity.
In case of bleeding, put a suppository with astringent properties or with antibiotics in the composition.
At first, after the successful reposition of the cone in the rectum, it is very important to limit physical activity and reduce physical activity. In addition, you should lead a more mobile lifestyle and less to sit or stand.
What absolutely can not be done
The acute form of hemorrhoids makes the patient forget about the simplest rules. He is ready to try on himself all possible and impossible ways to relieve pain. Nevertheless, it is worth remembering that rash actions and illiteracy in medical matters can cause serious, and sometimes irreparable, harm to health.
It is strictly forbidden:
- Warm external hemorrhoidal cones with a heating pad, warming ointments, a hot bath, or any other means. This will invariably lead to severe bleeding, an increase in size, swelling and inflammation.
- Apply drugs with untested action. In an effort to alleviate pain and reduce the symptoms of the disease, do not resort to the use of medicines whose properties and purpose you do not know. Otherwise, there is a risk of the opposite effect. Then the doctor, who will still have to turn to, will first need to eliminate the consequences of self-medication, and only then proceed directly to eliminate the initial problem.
The movements during manipulations with hemorrhoids should be extremely soft and smooth. In the case of a sharp and aggressive effect, they can be damaged and, as a result, severe bleeding will begin.
When the cone is infringed as a result of a spasm, blood flow may be disturbed, which in turn will lead to the formation of a blood clot.
In no case do you need to correct education without wearing sterile gloves. When an infection gets into the hemorrhoidal cone, a severe inflammatory process occurs, which complicates the course of the disease. Sometimes the node itself becomes the cause of infection and intoxication of the body. Necrosis of the node can lead to blood poisoning and sepsis.
How to fix a hemorrhoid bump yourself at home
About how to cope with the loss of hemorrhoidal formations, without going to the clinic, you can find many videos on the Internet. They contain detailed instructions and tips.
Most often, the loss of hemorrhoids is due to excessive physical exertion or if you sulk too much during bowel movements. Even after setting the bump in place, there is a chance that the same thing will happen again. If the formation is impressive in size, and the anal muscles are weak enough, then repeated loss cannot be avoided.
To prevent repeated loss or at least minimize it, you can perform an exercise to strengthen the muscles of the anus. To do this, they need to alternately compress, then relax. When compressed, the anus is drawn into the anus, and when relaxed, it returns to its original state. This exercise does not require a specific position. It can be performed both standing, and sitting, and lying down. It is not noticeable to others, so you can do it while sitting at the workplace, standing at a public transport stop, and in any other place convenient for you.
It should be remembered that self-medication can delay the cure for hemorrhoids for many years. With proper therapy, which can only be prescribed by a professional proctologist after conducting the necessary examination, external hemorrhoids recede on average in one week. Patients who prefer to cope with the disease on their own, shy of it, usually stop treatment by stopping an attack of acute pain. And untreated hemorrhoids over time begin to progress again and again.